Central Receiving - FAQ
What is Central Receiving
- ISU Central Receiving will act as a single point delivery for ISU campus.
- Central Receiving will receive, track, and redistribute university funded materials to ISU departments at no additional charge.
- Departmental ship to addresses shall remain the same.
Why Central Receiving?
- The main objective of Central Receiving is to increase student and staff safety by reducing vehicle traffic on ISU campus.
- Along with safety, Central Receiving will deliver supply chain and operational efficiencies to Iowa State University.
Where is Central Receiving located?
How soon can I expect my last mile delivery once received at Central Receiving?
- Packages and CyBuy orders are delivered to your building's Central Delivery Point within the same day or next day of being received at Central Receiving.
- Freight deliveries will be schedule with the end customer once received at Central Receiving. Expedited delivery is available. Call Corey Bickelhaupt 515-294-1804 for more details.
Package deliveries - What are building Central Delivery Points?
- Central Receiving utilizes Central Delivery Points (CDP's) at all buildings we serve on campus (package delivery only)
- CDP's minimizes face to face interactions, reduces risk to students, faculty and staff and limits the number of non-ISU vehicles and pedestrian traffic on campus.
- CDP's also provide a more streamlined and efficient delivery model by consolidating multiple carrier deliveries into one single stop, reducing end-customer interruptions.
- Need to know where your building CDP is located? Either contact Corey Bickelhaupt (515-294-1804) OR your building supervisor
How do I receive notification of a delivery?
- All end customers will receive a delivery notification via email once your item(s) are delivered to your building (if the item is addressed to a person)
Will Central Receiving charge for last mile delivery to campus?
- Central Receiving will not charge for any routine deliveries to campus.
- Charges will be assessed for the following special handling requirements: assembly of goods, inside delivery (i.e. lab deliveries) & moving services.
Will Central Receiving accept full truck load deliveries?
- Central Receiving will coordinate full-truck load/large item deliveries with the ISU end-customer.
- Call Corey Bickelhaupt 515-294-1804 for more details
Can I pick my item up from Central Receiving?
- Yes - walk in pick ups are welcome. Please schedule pickup with central receiving, contact 515-294-1804 to schedule.
- Central Receiving pick ups are available M-F 8:00 AM - 3:00 PM.
Can I ship personal items to Central Receiving?
- No - personal items will not be accepted at Central Receiving.
How is freight damage handled?
- Central Receiving personnel are trained to inspect each item received.
- If any damage is suspect, the end customer will be contacted. Please see our Policy and Procedures page for more information.
- How do I ship outbound freight using Central Receiving?
- Central Receiving utilizes the latest in software technology to leverage the best prices available for outbound freight shipments
- Central Receiving will handle all aspects of the shipping process, saving the ISU end customer time and money
- Utilize the Central Receiving Service Request portal to request an outbound freight shipment
- Questions? Call or email Corey Bickelhaupt 515-294-1804
Does Central Receiving offer storage?
How secure are my items at Central Receiving?
- All items received at Central Receiving are electronically tracked ensuring supply chain visibility.